Here’s another step in the road that seems likely to conclude that exercise, including strength training, is good for your brain, not just your body. You can ready about a recent Canadian study pointing that direction at the US News website.
- Bench press Bench press explained
- Bent-over row Brief video showing bent-over row technique
- Instruction on power clean Excellent instructional video
- Power clean Good demonstration of power clean
- Push press (behind neck) Image is small, but demo is good
- Push press (front) Tiny image, but good demo
- Romanian deadlift Good, precise RDL instruction
- Squat How to squat and common mistakes
Enroll now for Fall 2017
Other weight-training information
- CDC recommendations
- In praise of the squat NYT brief plus video with about benefits of weight training and especially the squat
- Reasons to lift weights Sarah Klein lists 13 reasons you, too, should be lifting weights.
- Report on Physical Activity: Musculosketal Health Describes lifetime benefits associated with resistance training
Sign up for newsletter
Receive occasional news from Give Me Strength by signing up for our newsletter. Your information will be shared with no one, and the newsletter currently appears quarterly.