Weightlifting makes life easier in many ways. Here are some benefits that clients have mentioned:
- Carrying: dog food, garden mulch, kitty litter, case of wine, groceries
- Lifting: grandchild, suitcase into overhead bin on plane, heavy boxes
- Squatting: to get things off bottom shelf, to pull weeds, to talk to child
- Activities: canoeing, certain yoga poses
- Balance: tripping but not falling
All those, of course, are in addition to firmer muscles, stronger bones and leaner body. I also have a runner who increased her best time and a swimmer who reports more efficient strokes.
What has weightlifting done for you?